The Lothians Group helps the aims and activities of the SWT in Edinburgh and East, West and Mid Lothian, and provides a focal point for members and their involvement in the work of the Trust. There are 21 SWT wildlife reserves in the Lothians, covering some of the most important places and habitats including woodlands, wetlands, lowland raised mires, meadows and urban sites.
The group provides a focus for local activities by:
- Managing the wildlife reserves.
- Monitoring planning and development, particularly regarding their effects upon a range of listed wildlife sites of noted value.
- Local fundraising for SWT.
- Arranging members’ events – there are programmes of walks and talks, at which all are welcome.
Volunteers can get involved with:
- Practical conservation work on our reserves.
- Can collecting at supermarkets etc.
- Manning stalls at reserve open days.
- Helping out at walks and talks.
- Helping with children’s Wildlife Watch groups.
Lothians Group Upcoming Events:
To book onto upcoming events please follow this link to the main SWT Events page.
It would be beneficial if as many members as possible signed up for the e-mail notifications as this is the only way we can advertise the log in details for the meeting.
To add yourself to our mailing list, go to main Scottish Wildlife Trust website https://scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/ and scroll to the bottom of the page. Click on the blue ‘subscribe now’ button, complete the form and tick ‘yes’ to receiving ‘information from my local group’. Then chose ‘Lothians’ from the drop-down list of groups.